Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Solo poco mas dias!!!

My Spanish is taking off by leaps and bounds... I stood in the way of a procession of ants today and got bit a whole bunch before I realized what I had done... We had a fiesta for my friend Gema's birthday yesterday night and it was wonderful... I have spent a fantastic amount of time talking with my friend Vero... passion fruit makes just about anything taste even better... I actually don't care if there is cilantro in something if it is pulverized and mixed with a LOT of garlic and thick cream (there is no equivalent to this cream in Canada)... my clothes have been washed in the best laundry detergent in the world (because it smells so great)... if you just wander around or sit somewhere for awhile, entertainment will find you... adding a braided extension to your hair so you can wrap it up easily in a ponytail anytime you like is a fantastic idea that I should have thought of myself... apparently roosters can make great pets... when you are hungry, Yelapa can provide.

The view from the Sky Temple, the home and yoga studio of Judith!  If you are interested in hitting Yelapa for yoga, or you are a yoga instructor who wants to take a group to an incredible place for a one week intensive, check this website out.

This is the yoga studio, and it's view!

Judith's beautiful dog!

It is extremely common to see a line of marching ants in the jungle.  These lines can stretch for metres and metres and metres.  This one went across two paths, around some trees, back again, around and around and around.  I stepped in the line on my way back to the beach and stood there not realizing what I was standing in until I felt the all too familiar fire of ants expressing their displeasure at my bravado.

The beautiful view from a very beautiful property that I have been blessed to spend time at once in a blue moon (or two!).

Happy cats.  These aren't your usual housecats, and one has eyes that are heavily scarred from a fight with some other creature (probably another cat somewhere).  Half wild and half domesticated.

Relaxing after breakfast this morning.

Taking grilled fish (HUGE fish) and other yummy things to the campsite on the beach for lunch.

For some reason, my computer won't let rotate my images, so I cannot post the image of the kids with this rooster, but here is a pic of the rooster for now.  The lady I stay with, this is her son's pet rooster.  He keeps a string tied to it's foot when he takes it places.  It didn't seem to like being touched, but it would let you without any issues.

There is a huge flock of vultures here that are always on the beach or nearby and they never cease to entertain me. Something about the way they walk and hang around... those gnarly necks and beady eyes... so funny.


There are plenty more photos coming in the near future... right now I just can't rotate any of the photos that I took vertically!








No comments:

Post a Comment