Monday, November 22, 2010

Hay muchas cosas...

Yesterday I went to the waterfall and had an amazing time in the COLD COLD water by myself.  There is a great restaurant there so I was able to fill myself up with tortillas.  I was surprised to find Xochitl there, a woman here who used to own a little corner store.  She said that she was so tired working in her store and needed a change.  She seemed happy and looked so healthy.  We talked quite a bit and she said my Spanish was so much better.

After my afternoon there, I headed off to spend time with my friends on the beach.  I spent a lot of time with Primo (a nickname, it means cousin) speaking my bad Spanish and teaching him English words.  We hit the beach for a drum circle of sorts.  There is a man here who makes drums and brings them down to the beach for people to play sometimes.  I love playing drums so I had a bit of a good time, but right when it felt like people were beginning to let loose, relax and just enjoy playing, he took away the drums so a man could play his guitar and sing.  Primo and I left for the beach and when the rest of our friends joined us, it was a night spent with the guitar and songs at the fire.

Today I spent the day with my friends.  They were collecting their things and I asked where they were going.  They said they were going to prepare food, and told me I was going too.  We went up to one of my favorite properties here where our friend Michelle is staying, and they made chapati, fresh passion fruit juice, and fried fish.  The fish were caught today, about ten little ones, and the passion fruit was simply collected from the ground.  The chapati was made by hand and it was SO good!  We all sat together, eating, laughing and having a great time, and when we were all done, it was time for more music.

I cannot explain how wonderful it is to enjoy the company of a group of people and spend time singing, playing and dancing together.  Everyone had a fabulous time.  I think we were there for four or five hours.

I have changed into warm clothes and I will be heading back to the beach to join them for time around the fire.

Tomorrow is Jema's birthday, and some fishermen gave her one and a half HUGE fish, so there will be a feast tomorrow!!!

What a fantastic week. 

Mi corazon es aqui en Yelapa y tengo triste porque me fue en jueves. :(

It seems that it will not allow me to add photos right now, so you will have to wait until later!
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment